Friday, 14 March 2014

Final Piece and Work Process

For the final piece, I decided to go with Gluttony, the reason I chose this image was because I felt that it would be far away from the regularly picked Wrath and Lust and I just felt that the sins like Sloth would just be too basic to work on and Gluttony also gave me a chance to put in some proper social commentary on the way big food chains act and how they treat their animals. So to start I began by collecting a number of images of Ronald McDonald, once I had chosen the right images, I then began to edit him so that his entire body was a bright red apart from his face and shoes.


Once this was done, I then began to distort the character and add details such as blood and a filter that would make the character look far more terrifying than he really was, this was done by lowering the contrast and making the red look like a much more evil dark red.
When this was done, I then had to create something demonic and evil, and I had to relate it to McDonalds in some form, I did this by finding an image of the McDonalds logo and then creating a pentagram and by mixing the two, I made it look like the clown was being summoned from one of the seven circles to feed.

With this done, I then had to create a setting, and what better than the convenience of a McDonalds within fiery pits of hell, I didn't want to stretch the image so I placed the image on the top half of the page and then by using the eye drop tool, I then used the concrete colour to paint in the lower half so that the image had a consistent sense of colour to it. After this was all done, I then placed a darkened filter over the top and placed a wall of flame behind the image, this really made the image look hellish.



 When this was done, I then added a couple of small details like burgers and blood but I felt that the image still lacked a punch, something about the page was still empty, and in order to fill this, I placed a dead cow with a bloodied throat to make it seem like Ronald had torn out the cows throat with his teeth, this sort of horrific image was perfect in order to grab attention and eyes. I was really happy with how it was turning out, in order for it to suit the image, I also had to place a couple of filters over the cow itself so that it would not look like it was just shoved in.


After this was done, I then tried to just find a suitable title and subtitle, something that would be humorous and yet serious, I wanted it to really catch the eye and maybe even make some of the viewers chuckle. Overall, I was happy with how the image went but I feel like there was a lot more I could have done but it was difficult to come up with what to do without making them seem out of place or just shoved in.

Here is the final piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment